Top House Dangers That Home Insurance in Thousand Oaks Covers
How home insurance in Thousand Oaks safeguards your property from disaster.
As a homeowner, you probably do a lot to protect your biggest asset. From locking the doors to installing a fire alarm, there are plenty of ways to ensure that your property is safe. As creating a safe environment for your family is your top priority, many safety concerns around the home can be addressed easily. With a little patience and know-how, these solutions and home insurance in Thousand Oaks protects your home from top dangers.
Fires in the home cause everything from mild smoke damage to total devastation, including death. From naked flames in candles to leaving the oven on, fires are easy to accidentally cause. Even so, there are easy ways to minimize risks:
- Install fire alarms
- Check the fire alarm batteries often
- Never leave candles unattended or in reach of children or pets
- Purchase a fire extinguisher and keep it near the kitchen
- Never overload sockets with plugs
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide (CO) kills more people than any other poison. Low exposure can cause headaches and dizziness, while high levels can lead to vomiting, impaired vision, and even death.
Keep your family safer:
- Install a CO detector
- Check the batteries often
- Hire a professional to check your HVAC system and water heater every year
Visitors, family members, toddlers, teens, and adults are all susceptible to trips, slips, and falls. One out of five adults who falls incurs a broken bone or a head injury. Keep your loved ones and guests safe:
- Stabilize staircases
- Remove debris on outdoor steps
- Add secured mats inside doorways
- Tidy up toys that could be a tripping hazard
- Install supports on stairs and in showers
Fortunately, a homeowners insurance policy is there when you need it the most. From liability lawsuits to fire restoration, home insurance can help. To secure a quality policy that is right for your needs and budget, visit the team at Falsken & Associates Insurance Agency, located in Thousand Oaks.